"Bellevue", 8-2-268/1/D/A, Road #3 Banjara Hills, Hyderabad AP-500 034 INDIA
Phone: +(91-40)-651-0065, Mobile: +(98491) 60160
M.S.E.E., Illinois Institute of Technology. (USA)
Major field of study: Computer Engineering.
Minor fields of study: Communication and Power Systems.
Cumulative GPA 3.5/4.0
(Completed MSEE in 2 semesters)
B.E.E.E., R.V.College of Engineering. (India)
Major field of study: Electrical Engineering.
Minor fields of study: Electronics and Communication.
(First Class with Distinction)
- SEI Authorized Lead Assessor on People CMM (SEI
Appraiser ID. 1143)
- SEI Authorized Lead Assessor on Software CMM (SEI
Appraiser ID. 0000614-A)
- SEI Authorized SCAMPISM Assessor (SCAMPI
Appraiser ID. 0100055-00)
- Internet Technologies, Mitigating Software Risks and building self-sustaining software process improvement programs in development environments working on emerging
PERSONAL COMPETENCY DEVELOPMENT (IN RECENT 2 YEARS)
- Introduction To Software CMM, Ronald Radice (February 22~24, 1999)
- Mastering the People CMM, Dr. Bill Curtis (March 23~25, 1999)
- People CMM Lead Assessor Training, Dr. Bill Curtis (March 29~April 2, 1999)
- Software CMM Lead Assessor Training, Software Engineering Institute (January 24 ~ January 28, 2000)
- Introduction to CMMI (SE/SW) Version 0.9, Software Engineering Institute (July 24 ~ July 27, 2000)
- Blueprint for Success by Shiv Khera, Qualified Learning Systems, Inc. (August 31 ~ September 2, 2000)
- Introduction to People CMM, Version 2.0, Dr. Bill Curtis (July 30~August 1,
- Intermediate Concepts of CMMI, Software Engineering Institute (September
- SCAMPI Lead Assessor Training, Arlington, VA (September 24~28, 2001)
- Instructor Training - Introduction to CMMI-SE/SW/IPPD, Software Engineering
Institute (November 14~16, 2001)
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (January 2001 - Till Date)
SITARA Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Road No. 3
Hyderabad, AP 500 034 INDIA
Chief Process and Quality Officer, (May 2000 - December 2000)
499, Thornall Street
Edison New Jersey 08837 USA
- Primary architect behind the creation of a Level 3 Software Process infrastructure at Intelligroup Asia, in 9 months.
- Primary architect behind the creation of a Level 2 People Process infrastructure at Intelligroup Asia, in 5 months.
- Led the People CMM assessment Level 2 Assessment for Intelligroup Asia, in May 2000
- Led the Software CMM assessment Level 5 Assessment for Advanced Development Center, IGA, in October 2000
General Manager, Corporate Research & Development (August 1998 - May 2000)
Roles & Responsibilities
- To assist Intelligroup Inc., with retention, building and effective utilization of intellectual capital from project execution, by creating appropriate corporate and operational processes.
- To create, innovate and hone best-in-class solutions within the corporation for improving delivery capability.
Head-Emerging Technologies (February 98 - June 98)
LG Software Development Centre (India)
- Management of staff working on projects using MCIS for an ISP project
- Management of staff working on projects involving Electronic Commerce
- Provide tactical support to Corporate Management with Process Improvement Programs, SEI Collaborations with SEMA Group and Center for Information Systems Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University
Head-Information Technology Management
Senior Manager, Corporate Office (April 97 - February 98)
- Recommendations to the corporate team for a company-wide plan and strategy for deploying Software Engineering Practices, Corporate Quality Improvement Programs, CASE Tools, and Networking of Computers and Information Systems.
- Design and maintenance of the major company-wide databases, Decision Support Systems, Information Systems, and Skills-Enhancement.
- Development of LG's Information Technology professionals in the areas of Software Engineering by orchestrating seminars.
- Work with the corporate office team to provide policy and strategic direction to business units.
- Develop and implement the quality road map using Management Charts. Lead the internal quality audits for official certification of internal processes and also serve the emerging quality needs of LG.
- Advisor to the senior management, Prime Consultant and Lead Assessor for LG-EDS Systems, Inc. (US$500 Million) on implementing process improvement initiatives and software engineering programs. (Revenues from October 97 until December 98: US$124,500=00)
- Member of the Vision Team of LGSI and mentor for LGSI's corporate SEPG team.
- Assessment Team member on a formal CBA-IPI assessment at LG-EDS Systems, Inc. Seoul (Level 2 in 11 months) [November 1997]
Program Manager (April 1996 - April 1997)
Head-Project Planning & Support Services
LG Software Development Centre (India)
2nd Floor, Embassy Diamante,
34, Vittal Mallya Road,
- To interact with LG Affiliate Companies in Seoul, South Korea to identify outsourcing opportunities for LGSI.
- To institute management procedures, infrastructure planning and software engineering practices at LGSI in the process of creation of a center of excellence at Bangalore.
- To identify and short-list subcontractors for the LG Partner Program.
- To provide high end consulting on Software Project Management, Software Testing Techniques, Software Development Processes, Methodologies and evaluate technology transfer and tool induction programs for LG Group in general and LG Software Development Centre in particular.
- Delivered a US $30,000 project from LG-Electronics to develop an SNMP Agent and MIB for a set top box.
- Successfully delivered a US$40,000 contract to provide high end consultancy on software production processes and maturity assessment using the Capability Maturity Model, Version 1.1 for LG-EDS Systems. (September ’96 through December ’96). Prime consultant and Lead Assessor.
- Got a repeat order worth US$100,000 from LG-EDS Systems. (January ’97 through December ’97)
Senior Manager (January 1995 - March 1996)
NYNEX Science & Technology Asia Pvt. Ltd.
Telecom Tower, 22 nd Floor
18 Ratchadaphisek Road
Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310, Thailand
To provide managerial and technical support to software projects by instituting appropriate controls and monitoring measures
- Instituted project management and system's engineering controls for Intelligent Field Access System : IFAS Phase I by undertaking code-walk-through, testing and system integration activities.
- Authored the first version of the "Synergy Approach :Zero Defect Software Production Process".
- Providing technical and managerial support to NYNEX Science & Technology Asia Pvt. Ltd. in the creation of a software excellence center in India.
Software Development Engineer (Jan. 1992-Dec. 1994)
Motorola India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
"The Presidency", No.1 St. Marks Road, Bangalore.
To develop systems software using structured methods approach to software engineering.
An emulator prototype for the CDS16Z1A micro-controller using Extensible Virtual Tool-kit (XVT), graphical user interface development tool.
Incorporated the DC Remote Control feature for the existing Tone Remote Control feature of the Enterprise project of Motorola.
An X Window based profile plotter for the Path Profile project of the Motorola Cellular Planner.
User Interface development for the cellular telephone of the Personal Digital Cellular (Japan Digital Cellular) project running on the Radio Operating System (ROS).
Participated in Motorola's first CMM level 5 assessment as Code and Unit Test FAR member.
Project Associate (Sept. 1991 to Dec. 1991)
Computer Aided Design Laboratory.
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- To assist in the "Advanced VLSI CAD for NELSIS" consultancy project.
Research Assistant (Jan. 1991 - Aug. 1991)
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Illinois Institute of Technology.
- To conduct research, funded by AT&T Bell Laboratories, in the area of Digital Systems Testing and Testable Design.
High Voltage Laboratory (Aug. 1989 - December 1989)
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Microprocessor based waveform analysis of periodic, non-sinusoidal analog waveforms.
ITC India Limited, WELCOMGROUP Maurya Sheraton.
- To coordinate work of over 50 technicians and supervisors, involved in maintenance engineering.
C, C++, Pascal, FORTRAN IV, FORTRAN 77
INTEL 8085 Assembly Language.
Domain OS, DOS, HP-UX and UNIX.
First Choice, MS Project, MS Word, Interleaf, LOGISCOPE,
DSEE, Teamwork, Frame Maker, Programming with MS-Windows
 R.S. Nandyal, "An Approach to Rework Projects",Software Engineering Symposium, Motorola, Phoenix, Arizona. 1993.
 R.S. Nandyal, "Function Analysis Tool : FAT", Software Engineering Symposium, Motorola, Phoenix, Arizona. 1993.
 R.S. Nandyal, "Automatic Code Generator :CGen", First Asia Pacific Motorola Software Symposium, Singapore. 1994.
 R.S. Nandyal, "Living with changing requirements", First Asia Pacific Motorola Software Symposium, Singapore. 1994.
 R.S. Nandyal, "Automated Function Analysis Tool : Auto FAT", Software Engineering Symposium, Motorola, Chicago, Illinois. 1994.
 R.S. Nandyal, "Cycle Time Reduction: A Survey of Solutions", Software Engineering Symposium, Motorola, Chicago, Illinois. 1994.
 R.S. Nandyal, "Automation of the product Life Cycle" - A Solution to Cycle Time Reduction, Software Engineering Symposium, Motorola, Chicago, Illinois. 1994.
 R. S. Nandyal, "Making the Use of Structured Methods More Effective", Computer Society of India, CSI ’96, Bangalore, India. 1996.
 R. S. Nandyal, "Risks Involved for a High Maturity Organization to work with a Low Maturity Organization", Software Engineering Process Group Conference, SEPG ’99, Bangalore, India. 1999.
 R.S. Nandyal, "A Personal Software Process For Testing", First International Software Testing Conference ’99, Bangalore, India. 1999
 R.S. Nandyal, "Connecting Process Improvement Goals to Business Objectives", SEPG 2000, Bangalore, India. 2000.
 R. S. Nandyal, "Package Selection & Integration Process for Web
Applications", SEPG 2000, Bangalore, India. 2000
 R. S. Nandyal, "A Practitioner's View of the CBA-IPI", SEPG
2001, New Delhi, India. 2001
TUTORIALS AT CONFERENCES
 R. S. Nandyal, "Applying the Fifth Discipline as a Leverage Tool for People & Software CMM", SEPG 2000, Bangalore, India. 2000 [Day long Tutorial]
CONTRIBUTIONS TO ACADEMIC RESEARCH
- "Software Engineering Tool (SET) Using Software CMM framework", August 1997 - February 1998.
External Guide to Somu Patil for project execution at LGSI leading to the award of Master of Engineering in Software Engineering degree from Mysore University.
- "Internet based Configuration Management Tool (CM Tool)", "QM Tool", "CMM Appraisal Tool", January 1999 - July 1999.
External Guide to Anand, Kapil Kumar, Praveen, Anji Reddy, for project execution at Intelligroup leading to the award of Master of Engineering from BITS,
SOFTWARE TOOLS AND INNOVATIONS
 R.S. Nandyal, "Function Analysis Tool : FAT", Motorola Tools Fair, Software Engineering Symposium, Motorola, Phoenix, Arizona. 1993.
FAT is a software engineering tool introducing a "black box" approach to unit testing.
Awarded the Third Best Tool Award in Motorola Tools Fair, Software Engineering Symposium-1993.
 R.S. Nandyal, "Automatic Code Generator : CGen", First Asia Pacific Motorola Software Symposium, Singapore. 1994.
CGen is a code generating software engineering tool capable of generating code in C language directly from a module specification in structured English.
 R.S. Nandyal, "Integrated Software Engineering Tool:ISET", Motorola Tools Fair, Software Engineering Symposium, Motorola, Chicago, Illinois. 1994.
ISET integrates six tools in the four areas of software production process automation namely, Development, Productivity, Testing and Quality into one environment under MS Windows.
Awarded the Third Best Tool Award in Motorola Tools Fair, Software Engineering Symposium-1994.
Hobbies include gardening, interest in wild life and forestry preservation. Amateur body-builder, swimmer and connoisseur of Indian Classical Music and Western New Age Classics, keyboards, percussion instruments and the harmonica.